Some of the key accessibility checks and features included within our site:
- Using a consistent layout and ensuring the navigation works in a consistent way throughout the website
- Using a standard web font to make it easy for all to read
- Providing a setting to enlarge or reduce the size of text on our site, and in most cases, enabling adjustable font size according to the user's needs using standard browser and operating system options
- Not using colour as the only way to convey important information
- Using alternative text on images (wherever possible) and links
- Making feedback and access to us as easy as possible
- Full keyboard control; the tab key may be used to navigate between different content and data-entry fields
The website can be viewed across a wide range of browsers.
We recommend Mozilla Firefox 8 and above, Google Chrome 15 and above, or Safari 5 and above, in order to view our website at its best. If you wish to use Microsoft Internet Explorer to view our site, please be advised that Internet Explorer 9 will offer the optimum viewing experience.
If you’re unsure what browser version you’re using, click the "Help" menu. Near the bottom it should say "About (Browser Name)". Click this and it will open a small window stating which version you are using.
The site is optimised for a screen resolution of 1024 x 768.
Changing browser settings to suit you
Many browsers allow you to customise their settings for improved viewing. Below are links to each browsers guidelines on how to change settings